The Layer Scarf
Easy crochet scarf for beginners!
This short and wide scarf Is the perfect layering piece! I was freezing in another meeting and wanted something to put over my shoulders that would possibly fit under my jacket. Thankfully, I was travelling with YARN! Unfortunately, that yarn is discontinued. I’ve found a great alternative that I’ve tagged below!
This pattern is great for beginners who are comfortable with Double Crochet. If you aren’t quite there yet, here’s a video so you can practice!
• 2 Skeins of Bulky/Size 5 yarn – Lion Brand Color Made Easy is perfect!
• Crochet Hook – P
• Yarn Needle
• St – Stitch
• Sts – Stitches
• Ch – Chain
• DC – Double Crochet
• Sk – Skip
Chain 108 Step
1. Dc in 2nd ch from hook and in each st across
2. Ch 3 and turn, sk the first st, dc in next, *ch 1, sk 1, dc1* repeat from * to * across with last dc being in last st
3. Ch 3 and turn, sk the first ch space and dc in next ch 1 space, dc in skipped ch sp, *skip ch space, dc in next ch space, dc in skipped ch space* repeat from * to * across, dc in top of ch 3 from last round
4. Ch 3 and turn, dc between the top of the crossed dc from last row, *ch 1, dc in next cross*, repeat from * to * across, dc in top of ch 3 from last round
5. Repeat step 3 and 4 until you have 4 crossing rows and 5 skipping rows
6. Ch 3 and turn, dc in ch 1 space, *dc in next st, dc in ch 1 space*, repeat from * to * across
7. Cut a long tail and weave in ends!
That’s it! This one works up so quickly and I would love to see yours when it’s finished. Please tag me on Instagram @ginger.knots #thelayerscarf